The 7 Best Services You Can Get From an Automotive Locksmith in Los Angeles
We all underestimate just how vulnerable we are on the road today, especially in Los Angeles.
More people are locking themselves out of their cars than ever before in history, but not in the way you think. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), in 2015, there were 57,096 crimes reported where the assailant had stolen the car with the key FOB left inside. Imagine how many more thefts have happened while the car was actually locked.
Fortunately, you can always contact an Automotive Locksmith if you find yourself in this unlikely scenario. These people are locksmiths that specialize in automotive services such as lockouts, broken key extractions, car key replacements, etc. All you have to do is call them (most of them work in the local area) and they will come to your location and get you back on the road before you have time to think to yourself ‘wow, that was fast!’
Conversely, we understand that there are dozens of services an Automotive Locksmith offers, and many of them are equally as important as the ones on this list, if not more. However, we believe that the following services lay the foundation for automotive locksmith services because each service helps the customer immensely. Here are 7 of the best services an Automotive Locksmith can help you with in Los Angeles.
24-hour Car Lockout
- This is one of the most common service calls an automotive locksmith gets. After answering the service call, a dispatcher will find the nearest locksmith to send to the local West LA area. The locksmith will then reach out to you in 20 minutes or less and get you back in your vehicle in just a matter of minutes.
Broken Key Extraction
- It is absolutely horrible to have a key break on you when you want to start or turn off your car. Thankfully, there is a service that deals with these moments. An Automotive Locksmith will come prepared with the proper extraction tools to wring that sucker out in no time.
Key Ignition Repair / Installation
- Sometimes, the key will turn in the ignition, but the car won’t start for some reason. In these cases, you will want an Automotive Locksmith to come and take a look at the situation. It could be that the steering wheel is locked, or that there is debris or lint in the cylinder. Whatever the issue is, the technician will diagnose the situation quickly and use the proper tools to fix your vehicle. Therefore, it is advisable to refrain from extracting the key yourself to avoid further damage and expenses.
Car Key Replacement
- If the key does end up breaking in the cylinder, you will need a replacement immediately. While certain newer keys do take longer to make, such as car key fobs, Automotive Locksmiths will replace most car keys onsite for much less money than a dealer would charge.
Transponder Key Reprogramming
- Sometimes, the transponder in your key will stop communicating with your car’s computer correctly. In those instances, an Automotive Locksmith can take the key to his van and reprogram it for a fraction of what it would cost you at the dealer.
Door Lock Repair / Change
- Automotive Locksmiths can repair your car door lock if the key keeps turning. Or, they can change the lock out completely if necessary.
Gas / Oil Delivery
- In rare cases, you may not have any fuel left while also being locked out of your car. As a professional courtesy, an Automotive Locksmith can give you a spare gallon of gasoline or oil from his van to get you back on the road again.
Whether you are locked out of your car or just need someone to fix your door lock fast, you’ll want to consult an Automotive Locksmith immediately. They are well trained at handling emergency vehicle situations where drivers are unable to access their car on the road. Just remember to do your research and find a company that balances price with quality of service.
If you’re looking for service right away in Los Angeles, give Quick Safe & Keys Service Los Angeles a call at (323) 275-9246. We are open 24/7 and can respond to your service call in 20 minutes or less anywhere in Los Angeles.